Good thing, I met my new pal, a Samsung Galaxy Mega which is the latest Samsung mobile device I can carry like a phone and use like a tablet. Now, I can be assured to snap drool-inducing food porn with its 8 mega-pixel camera equipped with smart settings. Its really big screen at 6.3" coupled with a fast dual-core 1.7 GHz processor can also make sure I enjoy my food porn-surfing experience. And as a smart phablet, I think I can even do some blogging with it!
My Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 has a twin, and it's the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 which despite being slightly smaller, is still as powerful with the following specifications.
Display: 5.8-inch (960 x 540) super clear LCD
Application Processor: 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor
2G (EDGE / GPRS): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Memory: 8 GB memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
Main(Rear): 8.0 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with LED Flash
Sub (Front): 1.9 Mega pixel camera
Dimensions (HxWxD): 162.6 x 82.4 x 9.0 mm
Standard Battery: 2.600 mAh
Talk Time (3G): up to 12 hours
Standby Time (3G): up to 440 hours
Did you see the added bonus? It's dual-sim! Honestly, I'd love to have a Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 too for its dual-sim feature and its pretty white color. But this unit is not for me... It can be yours! Just follow the simple mechanics below to join.
To enter the Samsung #GalaxyMega Giveaway, you will need to do the following:
- You can choose to enter through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or all three to increase your chances of winning.
If you want to join through Facebook, like the Facebook pages below.
If you want to join through Twitter, click on the buttons below.
Follow @sumirehana013 Follow @SamsungPH
If you want to join through Instagram, follow us on Instagram.
@sumirehana013 & @samsungmobileph
- Snap at least 3 food shots (1 photo per day per social media platform only) and post it publicly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or all three within a span of 7 days from July 30 to August 8, 2013. Make sure to tag @SamsungPH and use the hashtags #GalaxyMega and #ThePurpleDoll to make your entries valid.
Here are some sample photo entries.
- When you're happy with your set of photos, create a NOTE on Facebook and put all the links of your uploaded photos. Don't forget to add a CREATIVE title!
Find the NOTES App on your Facebook profile's "MORE" dropdown menu A sample contest entry; This is more or less how the Facebook Note should look like.
You can add a short introduction about your theme, or skip it and let your photos speak for themselves.
- When you have at least 3 links on your Facebook note, you can submit your official entry by copying the link of the Facebook note and posting it on the comment section below following this format.
Your FB/Twitter/IG Account: (What you used to enter)
FB Note Link:
- Healthy foods I've had this week
- Food discoveries of the week
- Home-cooked meals I prepared for my family
- Fast food for 7 days
- Colors of the rainbow
So, will you be the owner of this new and fabulous Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8? The contest will run from July 30 to August 8, 2013. Anyone who can meet me up at the following places when claiming the prize can join: SM North EDSA, Trinoma, SM Megamall, Shangri-la Plaza, SM Mall of Asia, Glorietta, Greenbelt, Bonifacio Global City.
Good luck and may the most creative, interesting, drool-worthy, touching, crazy, odd or [insert-other-adjectives-here] #GalaxyMega 7-Day Challenge entry win!
Disclaimer: Prize was provided by the good folks from Samsung Mobile Philippines.
Posted in: announcement, contest, gadget, giveaway, mobile phone, photo contest, samsung, samsung mobile philippines