Lutong Bahay is a short tag on the title which I use to feature home-cooked food, either in our own home or at a friend's house.
Late last week after the peak of the monsoon rains, I decided to whip up an easy rice bowl meal. Well, I'm not really one who's always in the mood to tinker in the kitchen. However, since I was left alone at home, I needed to cook if I want something to eat.
I may not be a pro in the kitchen, but I have some recipes up my sleeves. Due to the floods though, we didn't have many ingredients available in the pantry. And being the lazy body, I just wanted something fairly easy and quick to make like ochikeron's new recipe which I somehow had to tweak to fit more into my liking and to the ingredients I have.
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 2 tbsp. of Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 2 pieces of boiled tomatoes
- 1 bowl of cooked rice
- 2 tbsp. of minced onion
- 2 tbsp. of tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- A dash or two of salt and pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan and sauté the minced onion until translucent. Add in the cooked rice and stir-fry with tomato ketchup. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until frothy and add salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, put the Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise in and beat it to soften. Next, pour the beaten eggs with the mayonnaise while whisking the mixture until well blended.
- Cook the egg mixture on low in a sauce pan, stirring continuously to make the perfectly creamy and fluffy scrambled eggs. Make sure not to overcook it.
- Serve the tomato rice in a bowl and top it with the scrambled eggs. You can add the boiled tomatoes on the side or replace it with your choice of veggies. You can also top the scrambled eggs and tomato rice bowl with slices of hot dogs, ham or bacon if you're not into vegetables.