But today, I'm not here to just gloat about another matcha dessert. How about we learn how to actually make a Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake? And from the Modern Dessert Prince, Chef Edward Mateo of Royal Patisserie, nonetheless.
For the crust
- 1 cup crushed Graham
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the cream cheese batter
- 500g cream cheese
- 225g heavy cream
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 2 pcs. large egg
- 2 tbsp. matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat the Breville Smart Oven™ at 150C.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients for the crust until well-combined.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom of a 8-inch springform pan wrapped in foil.
- Using the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro™ and the Scraper Beater attachment, cream the cream cheese and matcha green tea powder until smooth.
- Add only half of the cream and mix until smooth. Then, add the other half and mix again until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- With the mixer on light mixing speed, beat in the eggs one at a time. Wait until the previous egg is just barely mixed into the batter before adding the next one.
- Mix in the sugar and flour for about 1 minute until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the pan and spread it into an even layer against the sides of the pan.
- Bake using bain marie method for about 1 hr and 30 minutes.
- Once baked, cool for 2-3 hours, and add decorations as desired. Enjoy!
Eating your favorite matcha dessert is a treat. But making your own matcha green tea cheesecake is a sweeter pleasure! And while baking might not be easy, it can be perfected with lots and lots of practice and trial and error. It's also a good thing that this recipe is from the Prince of Modern Desserts himself, so we know that even if we mess up a little, outcome will still be good! v(°∇^*)⌒☆
So give it a try if you're also a fellow matcha lover! Let's satisfy our matcha cravings with Chef Edward Mateo's help and Breville!