But this time, I'm using the Chicken BBQ Spread. Yes, I opened my jar already! Haha!
This recipe is actually by Lady's Choice, but as always, I added some ingredients and tweaked some to my preference. I do this with every recipe I recreate, since cooking and making food for yourself should always suit your liking. v(*’-^*)-☆ Of course, I wouldn't do it if it's a baking recipe. Haha! Unless I'm already confident in my baking skills, which I'm clearly not. Not in many, many, many years. Lol!
Anyhow, I made this special sandwich just yesterday, and it's tasty and not as guilt-inducing as well! It's perfect for merienda, but can also be eaten as a meal in itself. To be honest, I had two servings for brunch and it was more than enough to keep me fueled until later in the evening. So before I start rambling some more, let's go straight to the recipe!
- 250g chicken breast fillet
- 1/2 cup Lady's Choice Chicken BBQ Spread
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 pieces bun, sliced lengthwise (I used whole wheat)
- 2 pieces sliced cheese (I used cheddar)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- fries or chips (optional)
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper (optional), and boil in water until cooked. When done, let cool and shred.
- Combine shredded chicken, Lady's Choice Chicken BBQ Spread, and shredded cabbage. Add alfalfa sprouts if desired (optional). Mix well.
- Divide chicken mixture on breads and top with cheese.
- Serve as is, or plate with fries or chips. Enjoy!
This recipe really makes good use of the Chicken BBQ Spread. Even if you're on a diet and would want to forego the bread, you can just make the chicken and cabbage slaw and enjoy with your favorite greens as a salad. I'll also be trying to use the leftover chicken mixture with some spiral pasta to make a chilled pasta salad. Isn't it so versatile?
So if you think Lady's Choice's spreads are just for slapping on to breads to make a simple sandwich, then think again! There are many ways you can actually enjoy Lady's Choice's newest spreads. And whether you're team #ChickenOrBeef, there's a creative use of spread that will surely fit your taste buds! ☆⌒（＊＾∇゜）v
Posted in: ChickenOrBeef, coleslaw, lady's choice, lady's choice spreads, lutong bahay, products, recipe, sandwich